Friday, January 6, 2012

THE FIRST LETTER

Assalamualaikum LOML,

In time, the hurt began to fade and it was easier to just let it go. At least I thought it was. But in every woman that I meet in the next few years, I know that I will found myself looking for you, and when the feelings got too strong, I'd write you another letter. Just like this one. But I will never send them for fear of what I might cause as I am sure by now you'd gone on with your life with another man and I don’t want to think about you loving someone else. I want to remember us like we were. I never want to lose that.

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There is nothing of me to be remembered and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved you with all my heart and soul and to me, this feeling has always been enough even now….. that you left.

I finally understood what true love meant. True love means that you care for another person's happiness more than your own, no matter how painful the choices you face or decision that you have to accept. So, it's not gonna be easy being left by you. It's going to be really hard, I’m gonna have to work at this every day, every hour, every minute and every second of my life to accept it, but I want to do this because this is what you wanted and for my love to you…… I comply.

I can’t say that it is ok, but I can understand why you decide to leave. And maybe, just maybe… one day if you come across this letter, I want you to know that I do understand where you come from… that you can't live your life for other people. You've got to do what's right for you, even if it hurts some people you love.

At the end our story has three parts, a beginning, middle, and an end, although this is the way all stories unfold, I still can't believe that ours didn't go on forever. The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected. I don’t know about you, but to me I just can’t let go my feelings for the love of my life, my soul mate.

To some, I am not but a fool to love you, not just for now, but for always, and I dream of simple thing such as the day that you’ll take me back in your life again but dreams are always crushing when they don't come true. And yet, simple dreams that are often the most painful because they seem so personal, so reasonable and so attainable. Now, to me you are close enough to touch, but never quite close enough to hold and that's enough to break my heart.

Well…. life goes on…. thank you for coming into my life and giving me joy, thank you for loving me and receiving my love in return. Thank you for the memories I will cherish forever. But most of all, thank you for showing me that there will come a time when you can eventually let me go. Someday you'll find someone special again. People who've been in love, usually do. It's in their nature and I am being sincere here.

As for me, I believe true love will come only once in a lifetime and I found you, Love Of My Life as I will never find another. When you love someone, you just don’t give up, no matter how many years it takes, this life or another, hard and sorrow, in pain, sadness or happiness, with or without baggage. You just don’t leave,,,,,, but I guess that is only me….
Take care LOML….. Salam…