Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Transcendent

Assalamualaikum…

People come, people go and they’ll drift in and out of our life, like characters in a story. When the story finally finished, the characters have told their story and you start up again with a new story, complete with all new characters and events. Then we find our self focusing on the new ones, not the ones from the past. Indeed this is true.

But what if one decide to be alone like me? There are lots of real men out there - men who could fall in love at the drop of a hat. Surely experience that I had says everything. There are guys who grow up thinking they'll settle down some distant time in the future, and there are guys who are ready for marriage as soon as they meet the right person. And some are just pathetic; waiting and waiting.

I am thirty-nine now, not too old, but old enough to be lonely. I have something that that kept a distance between me and any woman now. Is it because I am not sure? Well honestly… I am just tired. And sometimes before sleep came, I do wonder if I was destined to be alone forever.

Man and wife were supposed to stay together because they'd made their vows in front of Allah and family. I have no complaints about my path and the places it has taken me; enough complaints actually. But the path I've chosen now is the right one and I wouldn't have had it any other way. Love could be set in motion quickly, but true love needed time to grow into something strong and enduring and when it’s end, it suffers most, it hurt most.

Life, I decided, was for living, not for having, and I wanted to experience every moment that I could. Nothing is ever lost nor can be lost; the body aged, the grey hair, the sickness and ageing, is all part of life. Sometimes our future is dictated by what we are, as opposed to what we want.

Well… I gave the best of me and when I lost everything… nothing is the same….

Wassalam.