Friday, July 30, 2010

TACIT

Assalamualaikum

Funny how each of us growing up in our own way. Some of us are taught to express out loud how we feel and some of us are taught to keep it inside. Being Orang Timur “Melayu Beradat” makes some of us a little bit reserved.

I grew up most of the time with my mother and siblings. Sadly to say I am not one of my father’s favorites (al-fatihah to Hasbullah Shahrom). Accepted and life goes on!! So I end up almost like my mother ; “simpan dan terus simpan”. It takes me longer time to learn to be “loud”. Do I see a negative part of it? Well, some good and some bad.

With the experience I had, I realise that I need to teach my daughters to be bold and expressive. But when I questioned myself to what extend? The answer will be until they can handle themselves in this world. As parents, none of us want our children to face the hardship and difficulties or sadness we had when we were young.

However, like me, sometimes I, myself can’t change for who I am. We are who we are. But we can be who we want to be. Safely I can say it takes “emotions of events” to change a person. But life will continue as it is. I believe, like others that believe in Allah swa, it has been written in life how our lives going to be, but the beauty part of it is Allah swa give us, brain to think, emotions;- love, hate, sadness and happiness to judge right or wrong. So we are complete.

[Children] do not yet lie to themselves and therefore have not entered upon that important tacit agreement which marks admission into the adult world, to wit, that I will respect your lies if you will agree to let mine alone. That unwritten contract is one of the clear dividing lines between the world of childhood and the world of adulthood.

Wassalam.